Speech therapy for Autism in Bangalore | CAPAAR
Autism is a developmental disability that is being seen in kinds before the age of 3. It is a neurological disorder that can also involve communication with some impairment. So an autism child might face a lot of problems in communicating with others. He or she might continuously do the activities like:
- Repetitive Activities
- Not able to adapt the changes
- Not willing to be touched by anyone
- Not able to interact with anyone
Why speech therapy?
Why speech Therapy | Speech therapy for Autism in Bangalore
Once the doctor has diagnosed the child with autism, the focus should be on building the gaps in communication. It is extremely important for a child with autism to at least try to communicate with others so that he or she can make the other person understand what he or she is saying. It would give them new confidence and they would also be able to survive in this world.
- A Speech Therapist in Bangalore at CAPAAR can have multiple techniques that can help the child with autism in improving his or her speech. These techniques are a group of activities like typing, singing songs, flashcards that would help in making them learn how to communicate and thus it would be helpful for them in understanding how does communication works.
- These techniques would be helpful for autism children to learn how to communicate verbally and non-verbally. It would make them to understand how we communicate with others and why is it important to communicate. Initially, it would not be easy at all but later on, they might get comfortable with it and might start communicating as well. But they would be able to do it only when they know how to do it. In this, a speech therapist can be extremely useful. So let the therapist do his or her work.
Timeline for Speech therapy | Speech therapy for Autism in Bangalore
You might be very anxious after reading this that they would be able to communicate but you also have to understand that these things are going to take some time and thus you would have to extremely patient. The child would learn at its own speed and thus it might take a lot of time for them to learn to speak the words and how to communicate with others. So it would not be an easy journey for them and for you as well. Here patience is very much required in this journey of communication.
By the first year only, the child might start learning the basic words and then by the second or third year, they might learn the basic sentences as well. It would not be easy for them because they do not understand the whole concept of communication. This is where the speech therapist would come into the picture and he or she would be helpful in coming up with the technique that how he or she can use different kinds of techniques for the child with autism. One of the techniques might work on them and some might not, so the therapist should be prepared with multiple techniques that can be applied.