Best Speech and Language Therapy in Bangalore | Capaar4Autism.
Autism is termed as a developmental disability that appears in children before they age 3. It is disorder characterized by impaired social interaction, communication and repetitive behavior.
Children with autism coupled by speech fluency disorder may show signs like utter harsh sounds, repeat other peoples words, use of words with disinterested tones and talk in a way as if they are trying to sing or make words feel like sounds.
It is advised that you can consult a Best Speech and Language Therapist in Bangalore if you feel you child has been showing such signs since for three to six months.
Factors that are causes of Speech Disorder in children with Autism are:
- Genetic factors
- Neurological factors
Speech-language pathologist specialize in treating speech related disorders and language problems. They play a major role in early detection of children with the speech disorder and help towards the diagnosis of Autism. They work with the parents, care takers and even teachers – who all fall in the social circle of the child.
CAPAAR has the Best Speech and Language Therapy in Bangalore, various tests are conducted to assess the severity of the condition and the pattern of treatment best suited for it. Post diagnosis the therapist will look out for the best possible means to improve social interaction-communication and there by better the quality of life of the child.
The reluctance on the parents end with a worry of increasing their child’s self consciousness about his speech – keeps them away from approaching for the treatment, initially. Seeking treatment at the Best Speech and Language Therapy in Bangalore becomes very critical especially when the Fluency disorder since it obstructs social interaction of the child in an equally significant time in his childhood.
This is why the treatment is focused on various techniques or even tools to improve social interaction and verbal fluency.
- Use of pictures instead of words for the child to comprehend well and learn to communicate better.
- Use of those words towards which the child is differently sensitive to work appropriately on speech sounds as the need may be to either expand or compress them.
- Use of specially designed songs that emphasize on specific words
- Use of techniques to teach them where and when to pause while they speak
Useful Tips for Parents
Things to keep in mind as a parent when you interact with your child with Speech disorders:
- While you speak with your child let them know you are listening by maintaining a healthy eye contact with them throughout each of the conversation.
- Avoid instances that create a deep self awareness about their speech disorder in their mind.
- Listen completely – any interruption when the child speaks is not good
- Develop patience and offer sufficient amount of time for the child to express himself completely
- Create a continuously engaging atmosphere wherein every member of the family does interact with the child every single day and create a deep sense of belonging for them in the family
CAPAAR has the Best Speech and Language Therapy in Bangalore thereby offers very fine benefits for children with autism coupled by fluency disorder. There are many instances where it has effectively eliminated the disorder and there are other examples where in a steady but ever improving result scenario has been witnessed. Overall it greatly enhances the communication and social interaction capabilities of the child which naturally increases the child’s confidence for life and future.