CAPAAR is one of Best Autism Spectrum Disorder Therapies in Bangalore. There are multiple controversy surrounding therapies and interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). You might hear different story from different people. Understanding, from where the confusions come from can help you learn and choose the right therapies for your child.
In this page you can get to know:
- You can come to know why you get conflicting advice about autism spectrum disorder interventions.
- You can understand why professionals have different opinions about interventions?
- Why we cannot list the interventions that work?
- You can come to know why it is hard to prove that intervention works.
1. You can come to know why you get conflicting advice about autism spectrum disorder interventions.
There is a greater chance of getting the same advises about the therapy or intervention for autism spectrum disorder (ASD), it might be whoever it might be. Parents find that they are given contradictory advises.
There are several reasons for this:
- Lack of reliable evidence about intervention to give you clear understanding.
- Even if there is reliable evidence about intervention it would be misinterpreted by people.
- Advises would pour in from all reliable sources like doctors, researchers, other patients, naturopaths etc. The advises provided by them would differ from each other and they would not come to a common conclusion or agree with each other, so there would be no clear picture about what to do.
- Professionals would not be open or familiar with certain interventions. Thus would prefer to use what they know.
- Different people would have their own definition on “evidence”. For instance some people would consider scientific studies are there evidence. Some would try to promote or sell an intervention. Finally the information that you may get would be biased.
Read more to get insight of finding evidence in our article of how to choose intervention for autism spectrum disorder and testing interventions for autism spectrum disorder by CAPAAR the Best Autism Spectrum Disorder Therapies in Bangalore.
2. You can understand why professionals have different opinions about interventions?
The benefits of therapies for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) are been disagreed by some of health professionals, therapists, service providers or institutions.
This would be due to various reasons:
- There are different understanding for the word “effectiveness” based on the different approach they take like speech pathologists and psychologists which they consider for improvement in different areas.
- Regardless of what track record the therapy has they tend to disagree theory behind a therapy.
- Conclusion is derived based on different research tools, methods or techniques.
- Different terms are used to describe intervention but the advice which is given by them would sound different but mean the same.
- Each of them would have different perception or idea about how the therapies should be tested or evaluated.
3. Why we cannot list the interventions that work?
Best Autism Spectrum Disorder Therapies in Bangalore – CAPAAR doctors say that there are many scientific studies which are been carried out to understand which therapies is effective.
The study on intervention is been classified:
- Established results-here this research has positive research.
- Promising results – as there are few studies which has positive results but more research has to be conducted, or there would be mixed results.
- Yet to determine results – as there are less research available it is hard to determine.
- Harmful or ineffective – there are research that show intervention has no effect and there are some research that show negative outcome or it would be harmful.
4. You can come to know why it is hard to prove that intervention works.
There is certain range of scientific standards and parameters that has to consider while conducting test on intervention. It is similar to that of testing quality standard of food. If the standards are achieved we can consider that the testing is done with caution and the evidence is reliable.
But there are some drawbacks of testing intervention like:
Good research need adequate time and money and a proper testing can be done only when someone funds the research. But, still it would be good to know if the “jury is out” on intervention.
- Tests are designed in such a way that they achieve highest standards. For instance perform a good test involves proper designing based on randomized controlled trials or many individual subject design trial but there are various constrains to perform. For example performing controlled trial would be hard because of how the intervention is set up or how participants react in a controlled group.
- Comparison of different test results can be difficult. As they might measure outcomes in different way or they might have different way of describing same ASD condition.
CAPAAR the Best Autism Spectrum Disorder Therapies in Bangalore will perform the new advanced tests which are being conducted all the time, so it is always better to ask the professionals what the evidence says.